Re: Which file am I supposed to download?

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 05:09:46PM +0200, cristian zapelli wrote:
> Dear staff of Debian,

This is the list for debian users, but we try to help anyway :)

> I'm trying to upload the  debian o.s.;
> I've read the faq but I' ve some problems anyway;
>
> First of all I think I should download the i386 architecture....when I get to this page
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r3/i386/bt-cd/, what shall I do?
> Have I to download all the files? Or Can I have to choose only one among many? I think they
> are the different releases of the the same file but I'm not sure at all of this...

Actually the full Debian GNU/Linux consists of all these images. But you
will never need all of theml. The binary CD1 and CD2 should be more than
enough, unless you have very specialized needs.

This and more info is found on http://www.debian.org/CD/faq

Regards, Andrei
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)