pre-install not executed before loading a module

Hello,

I'm using testing and I have TI SD reader in the laptop. For it to work, a pci register must be modified so before loading the modules mmc_core, mmc_block and sdhci I want to be executed this command:

setpci -s 02:0b.3 4c=0x22

To do this, I created a script in /usr/bin/change_pci_register, then I modified the file /etc/modules.d/actions by adding this line:

pre-install mmc_core /usr/bin/change_pci_register

then run update-modules and the change was visible in the file /etc/modprobe.conf (or modules.conf, I'm not at my desk now so I don't remember exactly). But after reboot the register remains unchanged. What am I missing here?