Re: permissions another question

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:17:46 +0000
"Andrew Critchlow" <a_critchlow@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello Andrew,

> then /test/file I then use the command "chmod g+s test", now when I
> look at file using "ls -l" the group permissions for the file are
> still the same as they were originally?Am I doing something wrong?

The message you responded to didn't make it clear that this would
only affect files created after the change to the directory.  To change
settings to all files and sub-directories within the base directory,
you need to use the -R (recursive) option.

--
 Regards  _

Does she always shout at you, does she tell you what to do
Family Life - Sham 69