Re: downgrade a package

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 03:45:02 -0400, Chuck Payne wrote:
> Hey,
>
> How can I go back a version, I did an apt-get update and now i have a
> version of a software package that doesn't work and like to go back to
> the one before.

You can probably still find older versions of the package in
/var/cache/apt/archives/. Pick the one that worked and install it with
"sudo dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/<name-of-the-deb-file>".

If you cannot find the right version locally then it should be possible
to download it from http://snapshot.debian.net/.

Furthermore, if you are using Unstable you can add the Testing branch to
your /etc/apt/sources.list. That allows you to apt-get the Testing
version of a package if such a problem should come up again.

--
Regards,
          Florian