Re: Pinging Postmaster

I am not the debian postmaster, but my take...

On Friday 22 September 2006 09:24, Mike Bird wrote:
> Debian Postmaster,
>
> Murphy has been in and out of Spamcop several times over the past
> several days.  There have been the usual semi-informed rants on
> debian-user but nothing that I can find from you.
>
> Are you aware of the problem?

Non-issue.  Spamcop specifically tells you to NOT use bl.spamcop.net to 5xx
(permanently) reject mail, suggesting you use spamassassin or 4xx (try again
later) rejects instead.  If you can't get mail from m.d.o because your site
uses Spamcop's list improperly, that's a problem for your postmaster, not
Debian's.

> Is there any informed discussion of the problem?  If so where?

The newsgroup spamcop on news.spamcop.net has had this come up in the past.
See my previous paragraph for a summary of the answers you'll get from the
spamcop deputies.

> Are you working with Spamcop deputies to resolve the problem?
> If not, why not?

Because it's not Debian's problem, it's not Spamcop's problem, it's your
site's problem.  Deal with it yourself.

--
Paul Johnson