Webcam users with debian

Hi,

I want to use a Webcam with debian. Have been looking for documentation yesterday. I found the howto and some user reports very useful. However, going to the store, I noticed that there is a plenty of different models who are not reported to work and the report are about older models.
Moreover, it is difficult to see which chipset is used by which Webcam. I am looking for a model having a 640x480 sensor and able to transfer at 30 fr/s.
Maybe some of you can report such models working correctly, I would greatly benefit from your experience,

thanks for dropping me a line,

Dimitri