Re: mkdir on dvd+rw

#include <hallo.h>
* Fred J. [Fri, Sep 15 2006, 11:53:18AM]:
> Hi
>
> using debian/testing 2.6.15
> cannot I use a dvd+rw as a hard drive? I mean, to
> make directories,
> move files around,
> change content of a file,
> ...?
>
> I just copied "or should I say burned" some files using
> growisofs -Z /dev/cdrom1 -R -J /some/files
>
> how can I place them in a directory on the dvd+rw media?

Read the manpage. Read mkisofs(8). Use the -root option. Also note
that growisofs creates a multisession disk with the -M option, and so
following "copy" operations cost some overhead (wasted space) because a
new iso9660 filesystem is created, plus some additional metadata for
data tracks.

Eduard.