Re: intel imacs

Greg Harris wrote:
> Is there a port of Debian to the new intel imacs?  will i386 Debian work?
>
> Currently I run PPC Debian on my (old) Mac Cube.
>
> Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere on your website.  I looked and didn't
> see anything.
>

> Thanks.

People have been successful in  installing (dual or triple booting)
Linux on Macbook (Pros) and the Mini too. You can find more information
about the topic from the links below:

http://wiki.debian.org/MacBook
http://wiki.debian.org/MacBookPro

I tried installing Debian on a 1GB USB key and was able to boot from it
too. I used the method of installing the eRFIt on the USB key and did
the partitioning on the key. The Mac HDD was untouched. The main
problem, which I haven't had the time to look into yet, is that X didn't
start. It is probably due to the graphics drivers being   used, but I do
know for sure that Debian runs on it. You can also find general
information about linux on mac-intel machines on
http://macintel-linux.org (site not opening for me right now).

Good luck.
/ks