udev or hal problem with device name ending with a number?

Hello,

I recall that I read someplace via google that udev or hal have problem automounting devices that have device names ending with a number. For example, my external USB DVD writer, detected as /dev/scd0, doesn't make a disc icon on the KDE desktop as is done by my internal writer (/dev/hdd). Anybody have any idea what this is all about, or if there is a work around?

Thanks,
->HS