Re: debian testing with 2.6 and cdrecord

Fred J. schreef:
> Hi
> I need to use my dvd-rw to backup some data, so before installing
> cdrecord, I googled and found
> http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/cdrecord.html
> where it says
> [
> Warning: do not use Debian binaries as they include many Debian
> specific bugs and still do not run correctly on Linux-2.6
> ]
> I guess I don't have a choice, either to go back to kernel 2.4 or find
> another package to use.
> any suggestions.

I am using here Debian Sarge with kernel 2.6.8 for a long time. I don't
see any problems. I think there are no problems with testing too, take a
look at the bugs-page if you want to know it exactly.

The author of CDrecord has his problems with the 2.6 kernel. He says
things like "go back to 2.4 or change to Sun", and more nonsence.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.