[solved] Re: VMware does not work any more

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 14:49:31 +0200, Joerg Platte wrote:
>Am Mittwoch, 13. September 2006 14:34 schrieb Magnus Therning:
>Hi!
>
>> I'm having the same problem, but removing libdbus-1-2 isn't really an
>> option since it'll also trigger the removal of
>>
>>  bmpx
>>  evince
>>  evolution
>>  gnome-screensaver
>>
>> This in turn means that the GNOME virtual package will be removed as
>> well. This is no good... any other option available?
>
>OK, I'm using KDE and did not notice the dependencies to GNOME. Maybe the
>solution using LD_PRELOAD mentioned at
>http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?messageID=473779&#473779
>works for you.

Yes, the LD_PRELOAD trick works.

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

"He expanded his chest to make it totally clear that here was the sort
of man you only dared to cross if you had a team of Sherpas with you."