Re: New Intel-board / MMCONFIG-Error

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 12:06:45PM +0200, Michael Schröder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a new Intel-board DG965SS with 965-Chipset and want to install a
> fresh Debian Sarge, but my computer won't.
>
> Some tests:
>
> a) after booting the sarge netinst-cd the installation ends with no
> cdrom-drive found
> b) same with grml-0.8
> c) suse doesn't recognize anything of the hardware:(
> d) ubuntu with self-made kernel (2.6.17.13) breaks after loading grub with
>
> > PCI: BIOS Bug: MCFG area at f0000000 is not E820-reserverd
> > PCI: Not using MMCONFIG
>
> Does anyone has experienced these error and got a solution for me and
> the rest of world?
>
> Thanks & regards, Michael.
Hi Michael,
does this use SATA? If so, have you tried changing to PATA?
any other details about the board? Would you try to replace the cdrom
drive to see if that helps? Maybe you need to modprobe in the middle of
the installer to have it recognize the cdrom? have you been able to use
Knoppix, grml, ubuntu or suse livecd's? If so, have you tried to use
debootstrap or dbootstrap (I forget which) to install(its in the Debian
Reference in PDF on the website)?
cheers,
Kev