Re: Debian unstable: xorg mouse configuration under vmware

OK, I found it out!

In Debian stable the XF86Config-4 looks like this:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

This is configured automatically. While upgrading Debian to unstable the
xorg.conf will be written automatically but not correct. I had to change the
mouse-section to the following:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "vmmouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ps/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Then I installed the vmware-tools. Now the Mouse is available.
greetz
eric