Re: How do I configure acpid?

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 20:06:41 -0600, Joseph Smidt wrote:
> I am trying to get uswsusp to work on my Unstable Laptop.  I
> was told this by a uswsusp dev:
>
> >But the usual (all Toshibas do this AFAIK) power-button event after resume
> >is not ignored by your userspace.  Try integrating s2ram into your acpid
> >configuration or just shut acpid down before suspend to verify this. Try
> >the s2ram combinations from "init=/bin/bash" to find out which ones work.
>
> How do you integrate s2ram into your acpid?  Is there documentation for
> that?  What is "init=/bin/bash"?  Thanks.

Appending "init=/bin/bash" to the boot options in Grub or Lilo is a
(somewhat crude) way to make sure that the acpi daemon is not started.
If you think that acpid is interfering with your wake-up process, then
you can just call

/etc/init.d/acpi stop

before you try suspend-to-ram/resume again.

I am not 100% sure if I understand you correctly, but it seems to me
that your problem is caused by acpid interpreting the power button event
(which triggers resume) as a signal to shut down the laptop. If that is
the case then you could try something like this:

Regards,
          Florian