Re: Email programs that work.

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:24:40 -0400
Matej Cepl <ceplm@seznam.cz> wrote:

> Micha Feigin wrote:
> > Looks nice, not too heavy, although it also doesn't support hebrew (can't
> > even see the text not to mention right to left), and it always segfaults
> > on exit.
>
> Aside from top-posting (please, don't), I am not sure what "it" is in your

Sorry

> message -- kmail, sylpheed, or mulberry? And if you say that kmail doesn't

mulberry

> support Hebrew, but this
> http://www.ivrix.org.il/projects/spell-checker/screenshots/kmail-hspell.png
> looks very much like Hebrew to me :-). And this guy

kmail supports hebrew but it installs everything including the kitchen sink
along with it. Why do I need kdesktop and libcddb1 and arts just to read my
mail? I don't see what a simple mail program requires a memory footprint of
80MB and a bunch of daemons running in the background (one of the reasons I
dropped evolution after a couple of days)