Re: OpenOffice crashing in Sarge

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 10:28:36AM -0700, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> I just did an 'apt-get upgrade' and openoffice.org was upgraded from
> 2.0.1 to 2.0.3 and now I am unable to save my files.  When I do try to
> save I get an error message saying that OpenOffice has crashed due to an
> unknown error and that all of my files are saved.  They are saved
> without my changes, however.
>
> I had this same problem previously, when I switched from the upstream
> version to the debian package on backports.org.  (I thought that I had
> commented bpo out of my sources.list, but apparently not -- hence, the
> upgrade.)  There had been some sort of configuration change, so the
> solution had been to remove (or rename) my .openoffice.org2 directory
> and let OOo rebuild a new one.  I just tried that, now, but the problem
> remains.
>
> Does anyone have a fix for the problem this time?  Is this going to
> happen every time that OOo is upgraded?
>
> --
> Marc Shapiro

Marc:

You'll find the solution at
"http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=372719";.  You need a
new copy of libfreetype which as the page above says, can be obtained
from "http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/libfreetype6_2.1.7-3_i386.deb";.
Get a copy, and then do "dpkg -i libfreetype6_2.1.7-3_i386.deb".

You may have to restart OO - can't remember..

Dean

--
			   Dean Provins, P. Geoph.
			    50.95033N, 114.03791E