Re: Openoffice and xfwm4

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 04:51:06PM -0300, Vagner Pedrotti wrote:
> The only clue I have are the following lines from .xsession-errors:
> ** (xfwm4:4333): WARNING **: The display does not support the XComposite
> extension.
> ** (xfwm4:4333): WARNING **: Compositing manager disabled.

These aren't related and aren't a bug.  They just mean what they say.
Your X server/graphics hardware either doesn't support compositing
(transparency and other magic) or you haven't turned it on.  They
shouldn't be what's causing the window title oddness.

I haven't seen any other bug reports similar to this against xfwm4 (I'm
part of the team that maintain all the Xfce packages in Debian).

If you do find out that it's a problem with xfwm4 or you want us to ask
upstream then email us (pkg-xfce-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org) or file
a bug.

I don't know if upstream will have any clues though.

Simon.

--
UK based domain, email and web hosting ***/     "There's no emoticon for /*
http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/     **/  what I'm feeling!" -- Comic /**