Re: PostgreSQL 8 debs on Debian 3.1r2

Alexander Farber wrote:

thank you - as a Debian-newbie I wasn't aware of that repository.
Unfortunately the doc there is sparse and I still have problems:

I've enhanced my /etc/apt/sources.list:
  deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib
  deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib
  deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
deb http://www.backports.org/debian sarge-backports main contrib non-free

Then I've tried:
   $ sudo apt-get -t sarge-backports install postgresql
   Reading Package Lists... Done
   Building Dependency Tree... Done
   postgresql is already the newest version.
   0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 57 not upgraded.

  $sudo apt-get -t sarge-backports update postgresql
  E: The update command takes no arguments

Try running:
$ sudo apt-get -t sarge-backports update
$ sudo apt-get -t sarge-backports -u install postgresql

--
Marc Shapiro

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
What?! Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here.
Boom. Sooner or later ... boom!

- Susan Ivanova: B5 - Grail