Troubles burning CD-ROMS

Hi all,
	I'm having a bit of trouble burning CD-ROMS.  I'm running
Debian Etch.  When I try with Nautilus (put in a blank disc, the window
pops up offering three options: I choose Make Audio CD), it goes
through the process of "Creating disc image" with no issues, but then I
get an error that says "Error writing to disc.  There was an error
writing to disc".
	It seems I would be able to burn a disc as root, but
apparently I don't have enough free space on /tmp (and can't delete
anything in /tmp, but that's an issue for another day).
	I assume that this is a permissions or group membership problem
but I can't seem to figure it out.  Any suggestions on where to begin?
Ideally, I would like to burn CD-ROMs and DVDs logged in as myself, not
root.

Thanks a bunch!

--
Travis Crook