Re: Xorg and fonts problem :-(

Marco:

> I have installed Debian Etch on my notebook.

Using the Etch installer beta? Then you should probably file a bug
report.

> When I run my X server I have these following error messages:
> Could not init font pathelement /usr/share/fonts/X11/TTF, removing from
> list!
> Could not init font pathelement /usr/share/fonts/X11/OTF, removing from
> list!
> Could not init font pathelement /usr/share/fonts/X11/CID, removing from
> list!

On my unstable system I have (for quite some time, the fonts have been
moved around on some X.org upgrade):

$ grep FontPath /etc/X11/xorg.conf
        FontPath        "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/CID"
        FontPath        "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
        FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/truetype"

J.
--
Fashion is more important to me than war, famine, disease or art.
[Agree]   [Disagree]