Re: Stuck with dpkg: can neither remove nor reinstall a package

Florian Kulzer wrote:

Is this still about the problem with gtkwifi? What you posted initially
showed that there was an issue with the post-removal script. The
contents of other files in /var/lib/dpkg/ should not have anything to do
with that. It is not not a good idea to just randomly delete files from
that directory and its subdirectories.

Did you ever try what I suggested on July 30th?

I don't know how I missed your post on July 30th. I really do appreciate the second response. Doing exactly what you recommended, I was able to get the package removed and get dselect up and running.

Thank you very much.

Nick