Re: Debian support for Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet NIC?

#include <hallo.h>
* Yu,Glen [Ontario] [Mon, Aug 21 2006, 09:52:26AM]:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Over the weekend I decide to put Debian on my new PC at home, and while
> it was detecting hardware, it said it couldn't find the proper driver
> for my NIC (Marvell Yukon Gigabit) that's onboard my ASUS MB (P4P800??
> I forgot; but I can confirm once I get home).  I quickly checked

I have an Asus board with VIA Athlon64 chipset. I tried the drivers from
their homepage (and from their partners) but it almost never worked for
me, it simply refused to detect the card. However, the sky2 driver in
a recent kernel worked almost well. (it only stoped working after
suspend-to-disk).

Eduard.

--
Wer fließend fiese Fliesen fliest, der fliest fies fiese Fliesen fließend.