Re: X.org killed my ATI TV

Bernd Schubert wrote:
Kent West wrote:

I kept hoping that a new upgrade of the box would bring in the necessary
stuff to get it working again, as the GATOS site indicated (as well as I
could make out - the site's not organized in a way that I can make much
sense of it) that all the ati.2 driver stuff had been moved into the
X.org project.

>From gatos.sf.net

   News
   Radeon TV-input code has been merged into X.Org CVS, to appear in release
   7.0.

A r128 is not a radeon card, isn't it?
Perhaps if I were more of a hardware-buff, I'd have recognized the import of that statement.

That site also mentions that "Bogdan Diaconescu has ported rage128 and radeon parts of ati.2 code to XFree86 4.4.0 - the new code is in module ati.4.4.0 in GATOS CVS."

So, with the clue you've thrown at me, and with this additional statement, it looks like my Rage 128 is not going to work with X.org, and I'll have to go back to XFree86. Am I understanding correctly? What does this mean for using Debian? It was my understanding that Debian is dropping XFree86 support in favor of X.org.

westk@enjae:/var/log$ cat Xorg.0.log | grep 128

This log is not very helpfull, since you cut out all interesting lines ;)

Okay; here's the full log:
http://www.acu.edu/~westk/Xorg.0.log

Thanks!

--