no wireless on startup

Ola,

I have succesfully configured a wireless roaming configuration using
wpa_supplicant and ifupdown. A wpasupplicant.conf file with all my
networks is called from /etc/network/interfaces  using wpa-conf. When
I run 'ifup eth1' the correct network is detected and the dhcp client
receives an ip within a second.
Sofar no problems, but.... when the ifup script is called on startup
it often (not always) doesn't work. The dhcp client keeps on trying,
but does not receive an ip. The only solution is to wait (about 2
minutes), or ctrl-c, and type 'ifup eth1' after startup.
You can imagine this is very annoying, also because I don't understand
where the difference is.
Anyone a clue?

Tnx for you help,

Martijn