Re: Mouse problems

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 10:28:01PM +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:
> On Saturday 19 August 2006 21:02, Georg Neis wrote:
> > Alan Chandler wrote:
> > > All of a sudden yesterday, probably after an update of unstable, my mouse
> > > stopped working - such that xserver-xorg failed to start.
> > >
> > > If I tried
> > >
> > > cat /dev/input/mice
> > >
> > > I get an error : No Such Device
> >
> > This sounds like bug 383555:
>
> Yep that seems like it.  I get all those errors about groups not being found
> too.

If anyone is reruning to create initramfs, please do following:
(I am assuming few kernels to be there.)

1. Boot with older kernel (like 2.6.16 ones)
2. Install latest unstable versions of packages
    initramfs-tools 0.75           tools for generating an initramfs
3. run "update-initramfs -u" to get the latest kernel initramfs updated.
4. Reboot to confirm the latest kernel works.
5. If there is other kernel which suffered the same issue, run
   "update-initramfs -k all -u" and hope all kernels to work fine.

Cheers,

Osamu