Re: wxWidgets versus gtkmm

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 09:21:31PM +0300, Micha Feigin wrote:

> Also, AFAIK qt draws all it's own widgets (buttons, lists, etc.) itself while
> wxwidgets uses local ones (which is gtk under linux, native everywhere else).
> wxwidgets on the other hand has the limitations that it can only due the common
> stuff due to this.

Actually, many of the things which exist only on one platform or another
can be emulated by wxWidgets.  None come to mind at the moment, but I
seem to recall reading in the docs that certain widgets only natively
exist on certain platforms, but they are emulated if the proper
compile-time options are set.

> wxwidgets also has extensions for more then just widgets (networks, file
> system, etc.) and can work with opengl and there is a driver for plplot for
> doing plots.

The fact that its cross-platform nature stretches to far more than GUI
widgets is one of the reasons why I personally like it so much.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto