VMWare, how to access host share?

Hi

How can I access my host shares from under Linux within WMWare?

My host's samba and share folders are working fine -- I can access my host
shares from win2k guest OS. But I just don't know how to access it from
Linux guest.

- I used to use "nmblookup \*" to look what's out there, but that failed
to show me anything.

- I also tried to use "smbclient -L <default_gatway>", but that fails too.

- I can't seem to find such simple instruction on the Internet.

please help.

thanks

tong

PS. The Linux guest that I used trying to access host is Elive 0.4.2.