Re: Installing Sarge from source

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 02:34:01PM -0700, Shadow wrote:
> Q1: in general, what is the process of installing debian from source?
> Q3: can I use my Debian Sarge 3.1r0a binary set for that?
> Q4: maybe I can just use some mini-distribution like DfS to load the
> debian-installer and proceed with my source-disks?

You will have to have a running copy of Debian sarge to be able to
compile the sources; the debianised tarballs will require specific
dependencies to build them.

So, if you /really/ want to do this, install from the binary CDs, and
then compile the sources.

Some hints to get you started:

apt-get install build-essential
apt-get build-dep libc6
apt-get -b source libc6

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Dwerryhouse				| PGP Key ID: 0x6B91B584
Linoleum - Linux Programming Resources: