printing kills mozilla on sarge

Hi all!

printing this page

http://www.springerlink.com/content/1090-6509/

kills mozilla and mozilla-firefox on debian sarge (current with security updates). This has been confirmed on different computers with and without xprint installed.

It is also independent of using mozillas cryptic LPR command or replacing it with 'kprinter' (my personal preference).

Many other pages print ok.

Debian etch and backports.org's version 1.5 print ok.

Sarge's konqueror prints the page ok.

I'm reluctant to file a bug report, since the bug (if any) is fixed in etch/sid and I don't know what information is necessary to help provide a fix.

I am also reluctant to installing backports' version, since I like the concept of 'stable'.

If you have any ideas how to solve this problem or how to contribute to its solution, please let me/us know!

I have just 'convinced' our technician to switch to linux for the first time, so having to tell her now 'use konqueror in case firefox crashes' is not my prefered solution and won't convince her that it was a good idea to remove window$.

Johannes

Here is the transcript of a crashed firefox session:

pcguest@zeitzler:~$ rm -rf .mozilla/
pcguest@zeitzler:~$ firefox
Extension System Warning: Failed to set up default extensions files probably because you do not have write privileges to this location. While you can run Firefox like this, it is recommended that you run it at least once withprivileges that allow it to generate these initial files to improve start performance. Running from a disk imageon MacOS X is not recommended.Extension System Warning: Failed to set up default extensions files probably because you do not have write privileges to this location. While you can run Firefox like this, it is recommended thatyou run it at least once with privileges that allow it to generate these initial files to improve start performance. Running from a disk image on MacOS X is not
recommended.*** loading the extensions datasource
Extension System Warning: Failed to set up default extensions files probably because you do not have write privileges to this location. While you can run Firefox like this, it is recommended that you run it at least once withprivileges that allow it to generate these initial files to improve start performance. Running from a disk imageon MacOS X is not recommended. NO FONT WAS FOUND Name["Sans"]
 NO FONT WAS FOUND Name["Sans"]
 NO FONT WAS FOUND Name["Sans"]
 NO FONT WAS FOUND Name["Sans"]
 NO FONT WAS FOUND Name["Sans"]
Speicherzugriffsfehler

Speicherzugriffsfehler=segmentation fault