Re: Installationsfehler

On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 10:34:03PM +0100, Angelo Zehr wrote:
> Hellomy name's angelo zehr and i'm from switzerland. i just tried to
> install debian on my computer, but it doesn't work!i downloaded the
> debian cd's by ftp-servers (binary i386 nonus 1, 1, 2 ,3 + source
> nonus 1, 1, 2, 3)i only can boot from the binary cd's.. if i boot from
> cd the menu appears and i can chose help and so on. if i chose f1
> (boot) it starts installing.but everytime i start installing it stops
> at this one: ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14_ (blinking)it just
> doesn't go on! plz could you help me? i hope we can help each
> other!greetings @ngi
Hi Angelo,
you need the first 2 or 3 binary cd's to install most of the popular
software and OS. So, unless you plan on compiling any software, you dont
need the source cds. So, you can use the cd to boot. This is a good
first step. But you say it start and then stops when it tried to access
your first hard disk. Hmm. Can you tell us something about your computer
like: the cpu, memory, hard drive info... Can you provide the exact
message on the screen. Also, you may want to try adding a kernel command
line option like 'noapic nolapic'. Try this:
Linux noapic nolapic
I think the kernel name is 'Linux', if not change it to what it says on
the screen.
Kev