Re: DNS and resolv.conf

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 06:11:43 -0300
Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> 2) Do ISPs change DNS addresses often? Is there a way to detect it when
> it happens, so I don't have to call them up for the new one every time
> it happens?

They shouldn't change very often. Usually you can connect to your
router with a web browser and view the status of the internet
connection, which should include the current DNS numbers.

If your router is intercepting the DNS and passing it's self off as the
DNS server, this might be a feature you can turn off.

Later, Seeker