Re: Mplayer output

2006. július 7. 00:53,
Wulfy <wulfmann@tiscali.co.uk>
-> Debian User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>,:
> Hi, d-u!
>
> When I play a video from the command line (as a user rather than root)
> with mplayer, I get the following output:
>
> *****************
> MPlayer dev-CVS--3.3.5 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
> CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Duron Morgan,Camaro (Family: 6, Stepping: 0)
> MMX2 supported but disabled
> 3DNow supported but disabled
> 3DNowExt supported but disabled
> CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 0 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX SSE
> *****************
>
> Is it reporting abut itself?  Or what it's detected on the system, e.g.
> the kernel's support for the CPU?  Or even the CPU itself?
Those are represent the way how your mplayer was built.

You can get your cpu flags and capabilities:
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo

> It also complains about not being able to find the joystick and the
> infra-red control.  I don't have either.  I know I can stop it looking
> for them with
>
> mplayer -nojoystick -nolirc
>
> but that's a lot of typing.  Can I make that the default somehow?
~/.mplayer/config:

nojoystick=yes
nolirc=yes

{yes,no,on,off,1,0......}

> I'd RTFM if I knew where to look and my Google skills seem to have gone
> with the heat...

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/index.html
man 1 mplayer

> I'm looking at other problems but until I can figure out what's going on
> enough to put it into words, I'll hold off on that.
>

> System:
> Linux Yewdales-lodge 2.6.8-3-686 #1 Thu May 25 02:27:57 UTC 2006 i686
> GNU/Linux
> Running Sarge with extras from backports.org and debian-multimedia.org
> KDE 3.5.0
oh can I guess? the marillat packages? I suggest you to compile mplayer
yourself...

> Thanks for the help and any further info needed, just ask.

Daniel

--
LeVA