Re: cannot install aptitude: Broken packages

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 02:57:07PM -0400, Chase James wrote:
> Actually, I already tried dist-upgrading woody and it still gives me the
> aptitude broken package error.

I seem top remember long ago that when I upgraded from woody to sarge I
was to upgrade aptitude first (possibly with perl) and only after that
was I to do an dost-upgrade.

I also remember that it took more than two gigabytes of temporary disk
space so that it could download all the packages before upgradeing any.

-- hendrik