Re: Gnome Application menu oddity

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 04:34:30PM +0100, DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
> I have two laptops with Etch installed on them.
>
> One was installed using the Beta 2 net install and one was installed
> using the Beta 1 net install.
>
> They have both been dist-upgraded to the same level since then.

Are you sure? Paranoia dictates that you diff the output of
    $ dpkg -l | sort -k2
between the two machines :-)

> On the laptop installed with Beta 1, there is no 'Debian' sub-menu off
> of the 'Application' menu in Gnome.  I thought this was just a design
> decision to have to have it removed.  I looked around through the
> available packages and couldn't find anything promising.  Various
> 'tweak' apps also turned up nothing.  I moved on.
>
> When I built the other laptop with Beta 2, I was astonished to see
> that it had the 'Debian' menu.
>
> My question is: how can I get this menu menu back on the other system?
> I really miss it.

Running update-menus(1) (either as root and/or mortal) and logging
off/on *might* help. I don't fully understand it, so YMMV...

--
Karl E. Jorgensen
karl@jorgensen.org.uk  http://www.jorgensen.org.uk/