Recent changes to python packages: how to import?

I used to be able to use

 from elementtree.ElementTree import parse

After the recent flurry of updates to python packages this results in
the following:

  % python
  % ~
  Python 2.3.5 (#2, Jun 13 2006, 23:12:55)
  [GCC 4.1.2 20060613 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-4)] on linux2
  >>> from elementtree.ElementTree import parse
  Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  ImportError: No module named elementtree.ElementTree

Not exactly what I want. How do I go about importing python modules
nowadays?

/M

% dpkg -l \*elementtree\*
||/ Name                   Version        Description
+++-======================-==============-============================================
ii  python-celementtree    1.0.5-6        Light-weight toolkit for XML processing
ii  python-elementtree     1.2.6-9        Light-weight toolkit for XML processing
pn  python2.3-celementtree <none>         (no description available)
un  python2.3-elementtree  <none>         (no description available)
pn  python2.4-celementtree <none>         (no description available)
pn  python2.4-elementtree  <none>         (no description available)

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

It says "My Computer" because Bill thinks that putting his software on
it makes it his. This explains a lot.
     -- unitron (/.)