Re: NPTL gone missing?

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 12:30:03AM -0500, Jason Martens wrote:
> Hey all,
>    I have an application that requires NPTL support, but for some
> reason it seems to have gone missing.  I am running a 2.6.16-2-k7-smp
> kernel from backports.org, and I was under the impression that running a
> 2.6 kernel would mean I automagically have nptl support.  However,
> "getconf GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION" says that I'm using linuxthreads-0.10.
> Any idea what's wrong here?

The config file that was used in creating a debian kernel-image is available
for review in /boot . Looking at it should give you a definitive answer as
to what was compiled. If the stuff you want was compiled as a module, you
may have to force load the module. If the option you need is not invoked in
the config file, you will have to re-compile.

The above is a generic answer which may apply to your situation. HTH.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net