Trouble installing mysql based packages on Etch

Hi,

I just tried to install cacti and drupal on etch.  In both
cases I had to create the database, the user, and the
database tables/etc. by hand.  dpkg-reconfigure didn't
give an error message and didn't create the db.

Is this a debconf problem?  A problem with the individual
packages?  A problem with msyql?  How do I report this?

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein