Re: customizing scripts /etc/init.d

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 11:52:15AM EDT, Dave Kuhlman wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 02:23:32PM -0400, cga2000 wrote:
> > Is there a "Debian way" to modify startup scripts?  Changes might
> > include: deactivating automatic startup of a given daemon.. changing the
> > daemon's running options.. adding a new script.. etc.
> >
> > Additionally, is the debian bootup process documented anywhere?
>
> Take a look here:
>
>     http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-system.en.html#s-boot

Short.. and to the point..!

In the meantime I briefly reviewed the scripts and all in all I find the
way it's done in debian a lot clearer than the way it's done in RedHat.

As far as I can tell there is really nothing particular about debian.
If I need to change anything I should edit the scripts.. rename the
links in /etc/rc?.d/ .. add my stuff to /etc/init.d/ etc.

Hopefully my changes won't be overwritten when I upgrade.

Thanks

cga