Re: What does it mean 'LANG=C'

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 11:54:54AM -0400, Derek Martin wrote:
> > P.S. - How do you enter a Euro symbol from a US kbd into Tbird?
>
> Copy-paste from a web page or other source which has it?  I keep a
> file in my home directory with a few common symbols that are hard or
> impossible to type with a US keyboard:
>
> ℉ ℃ € ¥ £ ¤ × ÷ © ® ° ± ² ³ · ₤ ₩ ∞ £ ¥ ₩

BTW, there *is* another way...  If you have your keyboard configured
properly in your XF86Config file, you can type these characters, along
with most of the accented latin characters, using some combination of
Alt and/or Meta plus the regular keys.  Originally I did exactly that,
though I don't recall how the keyboard was configured, and it's since
changed and I'm unable to do that now.  You might have to configure
your keyboard as "US-International" or enable dead keys, or something
like that...

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/