Re: Xorg Configuration in Etch

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 06:53:58PM -0700, Willie Wonka wrote:

> Willie Wonka wrote:

> and this too;
> <http://www.mepislovers-wiki.org/index.php?title=Dpkg-reconfigure_xserver-xorg>
>
> so 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' should do the trick - there's a way
> (through the Priority option to make it also even ask for the most
> low-priority settings)...something like adding a '-plow' option
> appended to command before the <packagename>.
>
> Ex:
> 'dpkg-reconfigure -plow xserver-xorg'
>
> see man(8) 'dpkg-reconfigure'  ...and man(7) 'debconf' for the
> "priority" options

I have a related problem. When I use dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg,
everything apparently goes well, except the results of the
reconfiguration never get written anywhere. There is no warning or error
produced, but no xorg.conf file anywhere on the system. When I do startx
after reconfiguring and examine the log file, it tells me no
configuration file was found, and falls back to built-in defaults.

I have read the man pages and much else, but cannot get a handle on this
one. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Chuck

Get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh
  and remember, INFORMATION WANTS TO BE FREE!