Re: iptables log target logs everything to tty*. Why?

Erik Persson(erik-maillist@djingis.se) is reported to have said:
> Wayne Topa wrote:
>
> I tried with klogd -c 0 but the messages just kept on coming. It seems
> that the minimal allowed log level for kernel messages was set to 4 on
> the router and klogd -c 0 thus didn't change the kernel log level as I
> thought. This solves the problem since I now know what caused it. I will
> probably change the iptables log level to debug to get rid of the messages.

I use firehol and have the log level set to 4.  A recent upgrade
caused the logs to do what you reported, log messages to all tty's.

It seems that the klogd upgrade removed the KLOGD="" for some
reason, so adding "-c 4" and then /etc/init.d/klogd force-reload
solved the problem.  I found a few packages had changed, badly, in the
last upgrade.  :-(  I also changed the iptables to log to ulog instead
of the syslog.  Much cleaner this way.

Good Luck....

Wayne

--
Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later.