packet sniffers detected

chkrootkit has detected three packet sniffers that were loaded onto this machine by unauthorized external parties since Monday morning of this week. A packet sniffer was also loaded onto this machine last saturday and I took the machine off line; uninstalled dhclient which was infected reinstalled a copy of dhclient from an installation CD and changed all of the system's passwords before going back on line Monday morning. From the time this computer went on line monday morning until the time the next packet sniffers got installed was no more than an hour. My conclusion from this exercise is that I need to learn more about systems administration than I already know; any help in the way of pointers toward this goal will be much appreciated.