Re: Question not addressed in FAQ.

From: Raquel Rice <raquel@thericehouse.net>

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 15:32:22 +0000
"Lynn Kilroy" <leks_transportation@hotmail.com> wrote:

> What files from the mirror site will I need if I want to install
> Debian  without making or purchasing some kind of removeable
> media?
>
> Also, what will the LoadLin Command Line look like to get Debian
> started on  a network install?
>
> Love & Friendship & Blessed Be!
> Lynn Erika Kilroy

Check out:  http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst

I have done several network installs using the 4 floppy images.  It
works very easily.

--
Raquel

Ummm ... No Floppy Drive, and, although we have a working drive {What a Relic!}, we have no diskettes for it.

Before anyone mentions burning CD's {or perhaps after} I do not have a CD Burner.

I have a perfectly good Win98SE Partition that boots great to DOS. I have LoadLin. Now all I need are the correct files to work with LoadLin to get it to start.

I have a file called linux, apparently the kernel itself. I have a file, initrd, which appears to be the initial ramdisk, and there's another file, called default, which appears to be a settings file for getting started.

When I loadlin linux initrd=initrd default, it says that the file is not in the correct format and halts.

What files do I need, and where can I get them?

Love & Friendship & Blessed Be!
Lynn Erika Kilroy