Re: xorg 7 and ATI proprietary driver (fglrx)

On 19/06/06, Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote:
   thanks, seems like changing kernel config helped, still no cigar
though, xorg log says:

(II) fglrx(0): DRI initialization successfull!

   and lsmod confirms that fglrx is loaded

   but then fglrxinfo says:

display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
OpenGL version string: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.4.1)

   despite the fact the ldd confirms that /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 is used
which is a diversion by fglrx-driver to:
/usr/lib/fglrx/diversions/libGL.so.1

   and the openGL programs are slow so I'm pretty sure software
rendering is used.

   any ideas where to go from here? Would you (or somebody else) mind
posting relevant parts of xorg.conf (and perhaps kernel but I guess I
have that part working since the kernel module is loaded)

   TIA

        erik

This is the relevant part of my xorg.conf

Section "Device"
       Identifier  "ATI Video Card"
       Driver      "fglrx"
       VendorName  "ATI"
       BoardName   "Ati Radeon 9550"
       Option      "RenderAccel" "true"
       Option       "UseInternalAGPGART"    "no"
       Option       "KernelModuleParm"      "agplock=0"
       Option      "NoLogo" "true"
       Option      "HWCursor" "true"
       BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Maybe there are still a lot of other options i can use in this section
but i am not yet aware of them.

This is the relevant part of my kernel config

CONFIG_AGP=y
# CONFIG_AGP_ALI is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_ATI is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_AMD is not set