Re: Have DVD burner, will backup!

On Monday 01 May 2006 22:31, Bill Thompson wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:32:13 +0300
>
> David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:
> > This medium makes it practical.
> >
> > Which tools are best and simplest for this?
>
> I use DAR and a script called DARomizer which is designed to backup a
> hard drive to multi DVD-RW disks.
>
> DAR:
> http://dar.linux.free.fr/
>
> DARomizer:
> http://www.catherders.com/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=1

This is quite nifty. However, it does it in 4.15 gig (whole DVD) slugs.
Besides waiting for this (canceling any time saving claimed for the perl
script), one needs the 4.15 gig of disk space available in /tmp. One might
not have it.

I tried to get this to work in smaller pieces but did not succede. Email to
the author is returned. Anyone else played with this?