Re: (SOLVED?) Re: MP3 encoding?

Alan Ianson wrote:

On Sun June 11 2006 12:29 am, Marc Shapiro wrote:
Well, lame does a conversion and does not give me any errors.  I can
play the file with 'play' from sox, and sox will take it as input to
another conversion, so it seems good (and suggests that sox does do
decoding, but not encoding, of .mp3 files).  I will have to load a test
file onto my wife's MP3 player tomorrow and verify that it can play the
file.

I was going to suggest lame, it's the only one I've ever used, never had any reason to look elsewhere.

oggenc does the same for ogg files.
Sox handles the ogg encoding just fine, for me.

--
Marc Shapiro

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
What?! Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here.
Boom. Sooner or later ... boom!

- Susan Ivanova: B5 - Grail