Re: Tor

On 10/06/06, Jiann-Ming Su <sujiannming@gmail.com> wrote:

> Grateful for any information.

Tor is amazingly easy to set up in Debian.  Install it and privoxy
with apt-get.  Then follow steps 2-4 at
http://tor.eff.org/docs/tor-doc-unix.html.en.

This software looks very interesting to me. As you seem to be familiar with it, how would you say it affects speed? Is there a drastic
reduction? Would I be able to use a p2p file-sharing or bit torrent programme, or would these simply be too much to handle?

I am a simple computer user whom doesn't like the way the internet is headed. Hence the questions I posed.

Cheers.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.