Re: Audio CD problems..

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 09:43:04PM -0700, Christopher Nelson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 07:55:01PM +0100, Digby Tarvin wrote:
>   <snip about DAE>
> > That seems to explain my playout problems. The remaining issue, which
> > seems to be unrelated, is my inability to rip...
>
> have you tried using 'abcde'?  it seems more fault-tolerant than
> KAudioCreator was on my system.  it also may give you more info on the
> problem?  (haven't had a problem ripping w/ it, so I don't know it's
> error output)

No, I wasn't aware of it. But I have tried it now, and it does
indeed seem to work a whole lot better than the KDE one.

I guess my Laptop just doesn't like these KDE tools....

It would be nice to get to the bottom of why the default ripper
doesn't work some time, but at least I have something that works.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,
DigbyT
http://www.digbyt.com