Re: Asus sucks (Re: sata sucks)

Michelle Konzack wrote:

MSI is crap...  I prefer a Bullet-Proof Tyan!!!

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack

I prefer Tyan also, but with the latest Tyan Tomcat K8E I purchased, you still need a DOS floppy to do a BIOS upgrade. What is up with that? I did manage to Google some esoteric instructions for using FreeDos on a CD, but this is 2006. Why the hell are we still using a BIOS??

In comparison, my Asus A8N-SLI Premium board can be updated just as you described: from just burning a CD-ROM with the latest BIOS. All this before loading the OS. Not only that, but hitting F8 gives you a nice boot menu from which you can boot into any HD, USB, or E-SATA attached to the system. How cool is that?