Making a mixed audio and data CD with cdrecord?

I'd like to make a mixed audio and data CD that can be played in a
normal audio CD player or mounted on a GNU/Linux or Windows box.

Is this the correct way to do it?

$ mkisofs -r -J -o foo.iso data/
$ cdrecord -v -pad dev=/dev/hdd speed=24 -audio track1.wav \
  track2.wav track3.wav -data foo.iso

Or should the data come first?

I think the -pad option (which has improved my audio-only CDs in the
past) won't harm the data part, and that the -dao option is
incompatible with multiple tracks.  Are these assumptions correct?

(This is on a 2.6 kernel with /dev/hdd as the CD-RW drive.)

Thanks,
Adam